Thursday 9 July 2015

The Roman Army (West) - order of battle

Order of Battle


These are western units that most likely would have fought under Septimius Severus to campaign in the East. After taking the supreme command, the Praetorian Guard is reconstituted and the II Parthica is stationed outside Rome.

The list below form a big battle collection of three Roman commands with options. The Legions listed represent vexillations and not their full compliment.


Legiones
(12,000 legionnaires, 72 ballistae)

Praetorian Guard (2 cohorts)........................... ... 2 x 4Bd
II Parthica.......................................... .......... ...... 2 x 4Bd
I Adiutrix.......................................... ........... ...... 2 x 4Bd, 1 x Art
X Gemina .................................................. ... .... 2 x 4Bd, 1 x Art
XIV Gemina Martia Victrix..............................   2 x 4Bd,
II Adiutrix.......................................... .......... .....  2 x 4Bd, 1 x Art

Auxilia
(3,000 cavalry, 1,075 mounted infantry, 7,000 infantry, total: 16,500)

Alae
I Ulpia Contariorum M.C.R.... Trajanic..............2 x 3Kn
I Gallorum et Pannoniorum... .Aurelian..............1 x 3Kn
I Thracum Victrix C.R............Thrace................ 1 x 3Cv
I Hispanorum Aravacorum.... Spain.................. 1 x 3Cv
I C.R. Veterana.......................Italy................. . .1 x 3Cv
(I Flavia Gaetulorum..............Africa................. 1 x 3Cv) optional

Cohortes
I Hemesenorum M.E.C.R.S...Palestine............. 1 x 4Bw
I Augusta Ituraeorum S....... .Palestine............. 1 x 4Bw
I Thracum S....................... ..Thrace................. 1 x 4Bw

IV Voluntariorum C.R...........Italy................... 1 x 4Ax
XVIII Voluntariorum C.R......Italy................... 1 x 4Ax

I Thracum C.R.E...................Thrace................ 1 x 4Ax
II Augusta Thracum E.......... Thrace................ 1 x 4Ax

I Ulpia Pannoniorum M.E......Pannonia.............1 x 4Ax
VII Breacorum C.R.E........... Pannonia............. 1 x 4Ax

II Asturum et Callaecorum... Spain.................. 1 x 4Ax
I Lusitanorum.................... ...Spain.................. 1 x 4Ax

Mauroroum M.E................. .Africa.................. 1 x 4Ax
I Thracum Syriaca E............  Thrace................ 1 x 4Ax

II Mattiacorum.................. ..Belgica................ 1 x 4Ax
IV Raetorum..................... ..Raetia................. .1 x 4Ax

Equites units are grouped to create........ ........ 3 x 2LH

Photos will be posted at the end of the week.
Cheers, 

No comments:

Post a Comment